Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yes, I Do Matter...and...The Man With A Plan

So, this was somewhat of an eventful week for us. I have been anxiously awaiting the doctors appointment that I had on Wednesday. First, let me explain why. This was our second round of clomid while seeing Dr. Wilson. He also has me taking prometrium. I take prometrium for 14 days, and then if I'm not pregnant, my cycle will start. Here is where the anxiousness comes to play. I never started! So, of course, we got our hopes up. I took a pregnancy test, but it was negative. I called the doctor, and asked for a blood test because I had been dizzy and lightheaded a couple of times. So, the appointment was set up. I got there 15 minutes early simply because I liked to be early. When I checked in, the receptionist told me that the doctor had to leave for emergency surgery, and he would be back by 4:00. So...wait again! There were 7 people in front of me, so I had to wait for a LONG time! My appointment was at 3:30 and I left around 6:00. Anyways, the whole time I was there I felt like they didn't treat me like I was there for a pregnancy test. Everything just didn't seem right. He wanted to talk about what to do next, so that made me believe that no one really thought I was pregnant. He ordered blood work. So, I went to the lab. Everyone else in the clinic had already left. The lady who drew my blood couldn't find the needles, gloves, or tourneqet (not sure about spelling). By the time all this was over, all I wanted to do was burst into tears. So...wait some more. They told me the results would be in tomorrow, and they would call. Here is where "yes, I matter" comes from. They never called. I had to call them. The person who answered the phone (not even a nurse) told me that I was not pregnant. She then told me that the nurse would call me shortly. Did she? No. She finally got around to calling me the next day. I want everyone to know that even though I am not pregnant nor do I have any kids, that YES, I do matter! It also does not make me any less important.

Now...for the man with a plan! My doctor wants me to take clomid and all my other medicines again, however, this time I will be monitored. On day 13, I go in for an ultrasound and then a pregnyl shot (another fertility drug). We now have a plan! Hallelujah!

I keep trying to remind myself that I have to wait for His timing! And I hope that he has put this doctor in my path to help him work a miracle. I'm not the most patient person, and I like to be in control. This takes both of those things away from me. So, those were the events from my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment