Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crazy Week But One With Progress

This week has been a crazy one! On our first day back from our long weekend from school, I had the last of my observations on Tuesday (thank goodness that's over!). Then on Wednesday I had my Day 13 follicle ultrasound.  The results: I had two follicles that measured 0.72 cm. My doc wants them to measure 2.0 cm before he will give me a Pregnyl shot to release them. He also told me that he found a mass on my right ovary.  However, we think that this is the same thing that they found a year ago during my laproscopy.  It turned out to be calcium deposits. (Prayers & plenty of finger-crossing that it is nothing new, please!) So our plan of attack will be to increase the clomid to 200 mg and monitor. If the follicles do not grow to size, then he will increase to 250 mg with more monitoring. If nothing happens then, he will do ovarian drilling which will require another laproscopy. He was very positive about the follicles that I had and said that was how we get twins. (You should have seen the look on my mom's face!) Thanks to everyone who has kept us in your prayers. I had a friend tell me this week that she fasted for me, prays for me daily, and has her children pray for me at night. I am very touched by the outpouring of support that I have received from our friends.I hope to one day teach our children the same kind of love and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment